It was time to share one of my favourite salads 🙂 it is roasted eggplant salad. It is a vegetarian salad and if you are not you can eat as well. For a hot summer day it is a very healthy and fresh dish if desired it can be eaten with greens and can be served with main dish, too.
Preparation: 10-15 minutes
Yield: Serves 3-4
- 4 medium eggplants
- 2 bell peppers (green/red/yellow) preferably red
- 2 tomato
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup of lemon’s juice
- 2-3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- Chopped Dill (much you like)
- Chopped Green onion ( much you like)
For the source:
In a bowl, take the lemon juice, olive oil and minced garlic. Mix them well. And leave it in the refrigerator to be fresh and cold.
Steps to cook:
- Roast the eggplants (make a few holes with a fork) and the peppers over the stove or in the Oven until they soften. If you wish you can roast the tomato, as well.
- Then, remove the skins of all roasted vegetables. Chop them all in cubes. If you do not roast the tomato, you should cut it into cubes, too
- Put them into the sauce and add the chopped parsley. Sprinkle salt over and stir with a wooden spoon carefully without crushing the vegetables.
- Add the sauce and sprinkle the chopped dill and the onion
- Take them over a serving plate and if desired serve with all greens such as , drill , parsley and so on.
Tip: After putting the roasted eggplant and peppers in 1 bag, you can easily peel the skins if you leave them in a bowl full of cold water for 5 minutes.
Written by Nahibe Acar